[GRASS-windows] using R with windows native installer GRASS 6.3

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Wed Jul 23 05:40:29 EDT 2008

Hi Darren,

darren norris wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Looking for "getting started" type help.
>
> I am using GRASS 6.3.0 (windows native installer) on vista. I want to
> run R in GRASS and can't understand how to do it.

I think you can do it the regular way, i.e. adding your R path to the
PATH environmental variable in your C:\GRASS\grass63.bat script.
Fore example, you could add the following line:

    set PATH=C:\Program Files\R\R-2.7.0\bin;%PATH%

to the section of the grass63.bat script which sets paths to utilities
(libraries and binaries) used by GRASS.
It seems to work for me.
Regards,
Luigi