[GRASS-windows] No such file or directory

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 14 09:14:17 EDT 2009

hi Peter,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Peter Brooks<peter at timedworld.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
>  - yes it works using the GUI (should have thought to try this)

ok, good.

>  - yes, the path contains whitespaces. Using speech or quote marks
> around the full path + filename sorts it.  Falls over without. A path
> without whitespace works but requires unix style forward slashes.

I darkly remember that we added some Windows-magic for that
elsewhere but I don't remember how.

> (I stupidly thought that by creating a mapset and saving the data
> into that folder GRASS would be able to find it...

It does so on non-Windows and it should "learn" it also on Windows!

I tried:

GRASS 6.4.0svn (nc_spm_08): > r.in.poly in=/tmp/dd\ dd/newfacility.txt
out=new_facility_1m
Writing raster map...
 100%

GRASS 6.4.0svn (nc_spm_08): > cd /tmp/dd\ dd/
GRASS 6.4.0svn (nc_spm_08):/tmp/dd dd > r.in.poly in=./newfacility.txt
out=new_facility_1m --o
Writing raster map...
 100%

Works. So it may be rather the slash stuff than white space?

> didn't think I
> would need the full path. Will now move the data to a c:\ncexternal
> folder to reduce typing :-)

Yes, for now - we hope to figure out the problem.

Please consider to open a bug report with these findings.

best
Markus