[GRASS-windows] Re: fails on first try

Hanowski, Gregory J gregory.j.hanowski at lmco.com
Mon May 18 18:25:37 EDT 2009

Milton,

I tried starting with grass64 -gui

and got this message:

WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected!

Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.

Use the -help option for details.

Switching to text based interface mode.

If I manually run C:\GRASS-6-SVN\tcl-tk\bin\wish.exe, it gives error
message "This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

I uninstalled and reinstalled GRASS.

I accepted all the defaults again when I re-installed

Running again in multiple ways resulted in the same error.

I set the PATH environment variable to include c:\GRASS-6-SVN\tcl-tk\bin

and then reboot the computer.

Same error.

I guess I'll have to give up now.

Thanks for trying to help.