[GRASS-windows] Fwd: WinGRASS installation and addtional python modules

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Wed May 18 05:08:36 EDT 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:00:26 +0100
> Von: Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
> An: "Johannes Radinger" <JRadinger at gmx.at>
> CC: grass-windows at lists.osgeo.org
> Betreff: Re: [GRASS-windows] Fwd: WinGRASS installation and addtional python	modules

> Johannes Radinger wrote:
>
> > Okay so what I've done now is:
> >
> > 1) Installed Python 2.7
> > 2) Installed addtional Python modules (Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib)
> > 3) Installed WinGRASS 6.4.1 (recent package for Windows)
> > 4) Created following environmental variables:
> >    GRASS_PYTHON C:\Python27\python
> >    PYTHONPATH  %GISBASE%\etc\python
> > 5) Restarted Windows (don't know if needed)
> >
> > Now two questions
> > 1) Is everything done correctly
>
> You appear to have missed a key step.
>
> The WinGRASS package tries to bundle Python, which causes problems if
> you want to write Python scripts for GRASS. You should remove both the
> bundled Python and any references to it.

So if I understand you correctly I can do as a 6th step the removing of the python2.5 which comes with winGRASS. What do you mean exactly with removing, deleting the python2.5 folder in programms/grass6.4.1/?

Which references have to be removed? There were no environemental variables created during the winGRASS installation pointing to Python25 (the winGRASS python).

/johannes