[GRASS-windows] Ordinal Not Found

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Nov 27 22:58:06 EST 2011

miermoto wrote:

> I've done a fair bit of searching to find a solution to this issue, but with
> no success.  I've installed the latest Grass and also QGIS releases, but
> when I start up either of the two, I get this message:
>
> The ordinal 53 could not be located in the dynamic link library
> gssapi32.dll.

"ordinal ... could not be located" means that the version of the DLL
found at run time isn't the version for which a program or library was
built. In all probability, you have multiple libraries which depend
upon GSSAPI, and different libraries depend upon different versions.

This is a common problem with programs such as QGIS or libraries such
as GDAL which attempt to provide access to a large number of different
file formats. If it happens with GRASS, it's probably related to GDAL.

> I have Python 2.5 installed and running some scripts at the moment.  I can't
> stop it, because it needs to run for another week before it's finished,  but
> could this be causing the problem.  Is it a python dll it's trying to
> install, but fails because Python's in use?

Unlikely. GSSAPI is "General Security Services API". It's used by
programs which need to authenticate users; SSL clients and database
servers are common examples.