[GRASS-windows] Re: Re: Problem with compilation of GRASS 7.0 SVN on Windows 7

Johannes Radinger jradinger at gmx.at
Wed Oct 5 03:02:03 EDT 2011

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your help. Of course I've to switch into the directory where I want to compile.
In the wiki (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows) I was just jumping over
the coments on 6.4.1 to the compilation of GRASS 7.0 where it isn't mentioned anymore.
Anyway this problem seems to be solved...

...but probabaly a new one popped up. After typing ./mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh
nothing really happens, no error but also no GRASS installation. In the wiki it says:
4. Check error.log for any messages and mswindows/osgeo4w/package.log if you're having problems.
But where can I find the error log on my computer (directory) or how can access them to check what
is wrong?

To the add-on installation:
1) Your way of putting the add-on into the trunk and then compile GRASS+Add-on at
once sounds promissing to me
2) Does the wingrass-installer work also on other windows systems beside my own?
There is probably a difference between 32 and 64 bit but any other things I have to consider?
3) This way of your installation of an add-on should actually work on any system where
I want to compile GRASS?

Hopefully I have my first compiled GRASS installation with add-ons on my windows.
I am looking forward to that.

Thank you
best regards
Johannes