[Incubator] Meeting, New Projects, Graduations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 7 01:39:45 EST 2007

Folks,

I'd like to hold a meeting of the OSGeo incubation committee this coming
Monday.  I have put up a preliminary agenda at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting9

Key items are discussion of MapGuide graduation, and possible entrance
of FDO, QGIS and MOSS4G into incubation.

I would prefer to defer actual approval for any projects entering or exiting
incubation to post meeting email votes to ensure everyone gets to participate.
But the meeting is really the time for anyone with questions or opinions to
get them out and hash out issues.

Note that a significant factor in the ability of FDO, QGIS and MOSS4G to
enter incubation is the availability of appropriate mentors.  Anyone who
isn't currently a mentor, but who is familiar with the incubation process
is strongly encouraged to contemplate becoming a mentor.  Details about
mentorship are available at:

   http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/mentor.html

I'd also note in our second last meeting we decided to keep pending process
changes and such in the bug tracker.  But they were all lost when we
transitioned off Collabnet, so we are starting clean.  I'm going to try and
reconstruct a few of them from the bullet points in past minutes.  Issues
should be kept in the OSGeo Trac instance at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/trac/osgeo

Please set the Component to Incubator for any incubation related items.