[Java-collab] Greetings from JTS/JUMP/JEQL

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed May 21 16:21:20 EDT 2008

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> Martin wrote: "the first challenge for this list is to establish a
> value proposition based on some looser level of collaboration"
>
> Forgive my ignorance Martin. What do you mean by this?

All I meant was that trying to collaborate at the codebase level can
sometimes get bogged down in isses (both technical and political).  I
think you gave some examples in your email.  8^)    My thought was that
perhaps there are ways to collaborate which don't involve different
projects "handing over the keys" or getting forced out of their comfort
zone.

An example might be the ideas coming out of the MetaCRS group about
establishing common unit tests for CRS APIs.

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect