[Lexicon] [QGIS-Developer] Concerns about translations and QGIS overall credibility

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Fri Jul 3 20:56:36 PDT 2020

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for spreading the news!

The current development site with loaded terms is located here:
https://osgeodev.geolexica.org

I believe the group is still waiting for some confirmation on terminology across OSGeo. As you can see on the site, a number of conflicting definitions exist and the group would need some effort to discuss and attempt to settle these — since they are used across different OSGeo projects.

Geolexica has also been working with ISO/TC 211 on their latest efforts in translating the 5th edition of the TC 211 Multi-Lingual Glossary of Terms (MLGT). There is now have a desktop application for managing translations through change requests, all based off a git repository on GitHub:
https://www.glossarist.org

I agree that more love is needed to the lexicon group to move things ahead!

Kind regards,
Ron

_____________________________________

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.