[Liblas-devel] GPS time and intensity?

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 12 07:08:57 EDT 2008

Jason Woolard pisze:
> Two more quick questions. I can't seem to pull the intensity from a LAS
> file. The documentation shows intensity in the LASPoint class. Has that
> been implemented? I'm getting a Traceback error in Python 2.5 with
> intensity while x,y,z return_number and classification are all coming
> across fine.

Jason,

I'm not an expert of the bindings for Python but as I see, intensity
getter/setter is missing:

http://liblas.org/browser/trunk/python/liblas/point.py

Let's wait for Howard to confirm.

> Also, the GPS time seems to be rounding to the nearest second . My input
> file has data to 3 decimal places. Is there any way to carry that
> precision over?

As I can tell from what I see in the code, get_time method returns 8
elements of struct_time (range [0:7]). All these elements are integers
and number of seconds is represented as integer. By the nature of
functions like localtime, gmtime, etc. fractions of second is lost.

http://liblas.org/browser/trunk/python/liblas/point.py#L172

Aren't LiDAR observations (pulses) measured in seconds with fractions
ignored?

Best regards,