[Liblas-devel] .NET bindings moved out of /main repository

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Dec 30 13:10:07 EST 2009

Howard Butler wrote:
> Register for a username on liblas.org and I'll give you access to
> push updates to the bindings.  Once they are in shape, we'll move
> them back into the main repository.
>
> As for what you'll need to do, I'll leave that up to Mateusz to
> describe.  Where they are now and what he wants to do in the future
> aren't congruent.  :)

Patrick, great and thank you!

Basically, it's not clear if the bindings are now working at all.
So, first step is to check if they are usable and basic features of
libLAS are callable.
Second step is to add missing features, if any.

The idea I've have been thinking about and Howard is referring to
was this: in case current bindings are seriously broken and, due to some
significant refactoring planned in near future, they would require
serious rework, I wanted to get rid of use of C API but just wrap libLAS
C++ native API with C++/CLR. So, no generators hell like SWIG,
but smooth interoperability between C++ and CLR through C++/CLR.
However, in case current bindings are in usable shape, such rework as
reimplementation does not make much sense.

p.s. I CC'ed the post to liblas-devel

Best regards,