[Liblas-devel] Vertical Coordinate Systems in LAS format

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 16:06:28 EST 2010

Howard Butler wrote:
> +1 from me.  Implement and push up to the main repository at your leisure.
>
> I would like to see a bool LASSpatialReference::HasVerticalCS() implemented
> as well so that a user would be able to determine the verticalness of their
> SRS and alter their execution path accordingly.  I don't know if that would
> be merely a lookup of the VerticalWKT for VERT_CS, or something more
> sophisticated.

Howard,

Note that HasVerticalCS() can be fairly trivially checked by the
application as something like:

   (strstr(GetWKTWithVerticalCS().c_str(),"COMPD_CS") != NULL)

I would be willing to implement an explicit test on the LASSpatialReference
if you wish though.

 > I don't like the name GetWKTWithVerticalCS, though I can't
 > think of a better one.

I'm not too thrilled either.  Mateusz suggested just passing a boolean
to GetWKT() indicating whether we want to include the vertical cs or not.
I'd be game for that approach, with some appropriate default.

Best regards,