Antwort: [Mapbender-users] mapbender: wfs-t abilities

Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de
Fri Jul 18 07:54:06 EDT 2008

Of course, it is possible to get work with mapbender and a corrosponding
wfs-t server (like Geoserver),

but:

all available documentation is only partly usefull or sometimes outdated,
so you have to dig thru und sometimes will get lost  ;-))

Possible path to success:

1. Set up a  wfs-t server  or know one to use.
2. Integrate the needed Mapbender module (most of them inside gui-digitize
) ,
3. Load the wfs and then use wfs-conf  to do all the conf things ( I don't
really know what exactly, ... please take a look to the Mapbender-wiki, )
4. If all things are done allright you'll be able to create new object to
your database ( hopefully .. ^^)

worried ??  ,  do not give up !!

I'm using  Geoserver 1.6, UMN Mapserver 4.10 , Postgis and Mapbender 2.4
--->  and it works now,

The good news:   I'm able to create new objects, to edit/move  or delete
these objects .

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
i. A.

Gunter Rieth

Kommunale Datenzentrale Mainz
-Eigenbetrieb der Stadt Mainz-
Hechtsheimer Straße 31a
55131 Mainz

Tel.:  06131/12-1629
Fax.:  06131/12-1603
eMail:gunter.rieth at stadt.mainz.de

<Albrecht.Weiser at hzd.hessen.de>
Gesendet von: mapbender_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
17.07.2008 17:28
Bitte antworten an
Mapbender User List <mapbender_users at lists.osgeo.org>

An
<mapbender_users at lists.osgeo.org>
Kopie

Thema
[Mapbender-users] mapbender: wfs-t abilities

Hi List,
i want to test a client which is able to perform as a wfs-t client. It
should be able to set a point (in case of a point feature) and  to open a
featureType attribute table mask in which i can edit the newly created
point's attributes (and then save it back).
I know that mapbender is able to act as a wfs-t client (means it saves the
point to the database), but does it do the latter issue too? Can i edit
the attributes of the created feature too? Does somebody have some
experiences with that?
Thanks
Mapbender_users mailing list
Mapbender_users at lists.osgeo.org