[mapguide-internals] CGI API for web client map rendering - what do we need?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 21 13:31:45 EDT 2007

Refocussing the end of the discussion from the MapGuide Comments
thread started by Harris ...

Conclusions so far:

1. we need sessions for several reasons

2. it is desirable to store the map state (group, layer visibility
and perhaps selection) in the session when clients work with numerous
(>100) layers because it is impractical to send every layer in each
request (exceed http GET request limit for instance)

3. the current API for rendering may not be sufficient to make it
easy for web clients

Are we good to start from here or did I miss something?

Cheers

Paul