[mapguide-users] Creating and adding layers

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Nov 5 03:07:07 EST 2009

Rasters are notoriously difficult to get to work.

First of, you need to run the server from the console with the CPL_DEBUG=on:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes
(See at the bottom of the page).

And you have to create the gdalplugin folder yourself, so you get the
file layout
as described on FdoGdalNotes page.

Your MapDefinition coordinate system and raster coordinate system MUST
match 100%.

Also look in the error log file:
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Logs\Error.log

For a free vector editor, try Kosmo GIS:
http://www.opengis.es/

Good luck!

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S