[MapQuery] comparing edugis and git code

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 06:31:41 EDT 2011

Thanks Steven,

sorry I didn't get around to send out a mail about the FOSSGIS yet. But
here's the reply to your mail.

I planed to make the vmx branch the new master one. It is based on the
work Drew Wells did. I haven't merged it as I heard from all this nice
EduGIS stuff at the FOSSGIS.

So the best would be to merge the EduGIS code with the vmx code. I
propose that you put your code into your own repo and then try to merge
it with the vmx code. The result should then become the new master.

The current existing widgets in the vmx branch are really more about
showing off what's possible/how MapQuery might look like, rather than
full blown widgets. They should be seen as templates for building your
own ones.

I've also added a few guidelines to the README, so that the widget names
are consistent. Feel free to revise them whenever you see a fit.

And finally, I really like the idea of having a distinction between UI
and non-UI widgets, got for it!

Cheers,
  Volker