R: [mapserver-dev] Writing text to image after map rendering

GMail itacasoft at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 04:39:09 EDT 2011

Hi Tamas,

the second way is what I used to do before, when I got a map in BMP format. But now I’m using PNG, so I think there is a performance penalty loading the PNG into a .NET image object, drawing and then reconverting it again to PNG.

So (correct me if I’m wrong), I suppose the first method is better from a performance point of view because it avoids PNG->BMP->PNG. I tried it, but I’m probably missing something. This is what I do before the map.Draw():

            layerObj layer = new layerObj(userSesson.oGIS);

            layer.name = "COPYRIGHT_LAYER";

            layer.type = MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POLYGON;

            layer.setMetaData("type", Convert.ToString((int)MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_ANNOTATION));

            layer.status = mapscript.MS_ON;

            shapeObj polygon = new shapeObj((int)MS_SHAPE_TYPE.MS_SHAPE_POLYGON);

            lineObj polyLine = new lineObj();

            polyLine.add(new pointObj(12,42, 0, 0));

            polyLine.add(new pointObj(12,43,0,0));

            polyLine.add(new pointObj(13,43,0,0));

            polyLine.add(new pointObj(13,42,0,0));

            polyLine.add(new pointObj(12,42,0,0));

            polygon.add(polyLine);

            classObj aclass = new classObj(layer);

            aclass.name = "MyClass";

            aclass.setMetaData("name","MyClass");

            // Create a style object defining how to draw features

            styleObj lineStyle = new styleObj(aclass);

            lineStyle.color.setRGB(255,0,0);

           // lineStyle.

            layer.addFeature(polygon);

I should see a red colored rectangle, but I only see the other layers.

Have you got an example of how to do it?

Fabrizio