[Mapserver-inspire] MapServer and INSPIRE

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Tue Mar 29 08:34:23 EDT 2011

Hi Bart,

I think I would consider the main part of the recommendation (470 KB)
instead of the example given (which doesn't consider image compression
job). So basically, I would try to generate a 470ish KB image, playing
with format (24 bits) or size. I don't think BMP is an appropriate
format for this test as it doesn't involve the same algorithms than the
standard web image formats. That's why I would answer 1. IMHO.

But you're right, some guidance and advices, tests standardization would
be a plus in this context.

> Also, I assume QoS testing should be done 1 layer at a time in the
> request? They used multiple layers in the same GetMap request.

Yes.

Best regards

Guillaume