Tiling data

vanderwalm at peligroso.gaiaenv.com vanderwalm at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Mon Jun 19 15:58:12 EDT 2000

I am having difficulty accessing tiled data.  When I attempt to use my
map file, I get an error: msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file.
(tile).

My understanding is that this means MapServer is not finding my tile
index layer (tile.shp), which is located within the SHAPEPATH
directory.  I have tried setting my MapObject's TILE keyword to the same
as SHAPEPATH, tried commenting it out, and tried every variation I could
thing of in conjunction with the LayerObject's TILEINDEX keyword.

My question is: with my tile index shapefile located in my SHAPEPATH
directory, how do I tell MapServer where it is using the MapObject's
TILE keyword and the LayerObject's TILEINDEX keyword?

Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mel