Java applet won't load

Brian Fischer Brian.Fischer at co.sherburne.mn.us
Wed Oct 18 11:22:44 EDT 2000

Mapserver Users,

I am trying to use a java applet in a mapserver application.  Here is the HTML code:

<applet codebase="/java/" code="mapimage.class" width="400" height="400" name="mapimage" MAYSCRIPT>
        <param name="image" value="http://nt3000/gis/temp_mapserv/[img]">
        <param name="jitter" value="15">
        <param name="color" value="255 0 0">
</applet>

The problem is the web browser says "load: class mapimage not found".  Where is the web browser looking for the mapimage.class file?
I have the mapimage.class and mapimage.java in a directory on my webserver called java. (wwwroot/java/).  I am using Microsoft IIS 4.0.  I am not for sure if this is the write place to put the java code.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Brian