Strange lines when zoomed in

RAldridge RAldridge at linuxstart.com
Wed Oct 25 09:43:08 EDT 2000

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or, better yet, had solved this problem.  I have a couple of small shapefiles (roads.shp & contours.shp) that aren't drawing properly when zoomed in tight.  The contours.shp contains ~1500 polylines and the roads.shp contains 8 polylines (coverage area is a single section).  Both shapefiles look good when zoomed out (e.g. 1:24000), but when I zoom in (to e.g. 1:5000), I get stray, straight lines shooting off of endpoints.  The stray lines appear to be random in their direction, but always seem to be beginning at existing endpoints.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert Aldridge