Mapserver on Win32 - CGI Error

Fawcett, David david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
Wed Oct 25 10:06:48 EDT 2000

I am in the process of installing the Win32 port of Mapserver on my home machine so I can work on some of my existing apps there.  I installed the 3.011 .exe from DM Solutions, changed all of the paths and URLs in my app, and fired it up.

The result that I get is a CGI error.  It tells me something to the effect that Mapserv has "misbehaved" and not returned a full set of http headers.  I can get a direct quote if it would help, but I am now at work.  It also gives me a pop-up window with error code text, "stack dump......".

Any of you with Mapserver Win32 experience have any ideas what could be causing this?

It is running on Win98, on MS Personal Web Server.  Not a particularly robust platform, I know, but I thought that I had seen a post from someone who had successfully run Mapserver on a similar platform.

Thanks,

David

David Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance