MapServer and Borland C++

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 27 11:46:28 EDT 2000

Hi,

Back to the question of whether MapServer can be compiled with the
Borland compiler:  I withdraw what I wrote in my previoyus message...
it's probably not that simple.

I got the Borland C++ 5.5 command-line compiler (available as freeware
from the Borland web site in case anyone is interested!) and did a
couple of quick tests.  Adapting the makefiles was not too bad, but I
stopped when I started getting errors in the project.h (PROJ.4) header
file.  Which implies that there would also be work required in some of
the modules that MapServer uses before we can compile MapServer itself
with Borland.

Since it's not a trivial task, I think I'll give up for now.  However,
I'm wondering if there is enough interest to justify supporting the
Borland compiler???

 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/