[mapserver-users] slightly offtopic -- mapserver forums

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Mon Dec 24 15:57:04 EST 2001

Well, I am glad Erwin you spoke up. I was kinda feelin' lonely here.

I have tried the Yahoo groups mirror set up by Daniel (DM's email of 12/17).
It is a good deal better than this listserv, but still has major problems --

1. For example, I can't refer to an existing email with a link. Above I
referenced DM's email, but there is no way for me to point a reader who has
jumped in the discussion now back to that email. That is possible with a
web-based forum... just insert a URL.

2. Yahoo groups is much faster than this list... I see postings on that
website that arrive in my email box sometimes hours later.

3. I can't post unless I am subscribed (to prevent spammers), but if I
subscribe then I am deluged with emails. So, the Yahoo groups takes me only
part of the way.

I still firmly believe that the web-method is far, far superior...
searching, references, attachments, threaded views, etc. etc. But, I think I
said that already...

pk/