[mapserver-users] One MapServer-Site more...

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Mon Dec 24 16:00:17 EST 2001

Steve,

Actually I believe letting Mapserver do garbage collection would be a very
good thing. It would not tax the program or the computer one bit, would
centralize these temp files (by requiring and instructing the user to do
so), and would make things simpler. Yes, Cron is an elegant way of doing
things, but not everyone knows how to set up a crontab. It is an additional
step, and is not even available on Windoze unless someone runs a bat file
via an at command.

Anyway, garbage collection is just one of the ways of making the program
simpler to install and setup. More on that in another email...

pk/