MapServer with Cold Fusion?

Paul Hastings paul at tei.or.th
Mon Feb 26 20:29:03 EST 2001

well the "other" program would be a coldfusion app. we use
WDDX extensively in app to app communication (site to site,
cf to cf, cf to js, cf to VB/ODE, cf to the girl-next-door). i got
most of the CGI-cf working this weekend (including simple
identifies) but the URL limitations are going to bite eventually.
unless i'm missing something WDDX is one way around it.
the arcIMS cf connector is just a CFX tag (C++) that spews
XML at the mapserver.

cf is quite extensible either using itself, c++ or java. my knee
jerk reaction to cf communicating with "strange" apps is WDDX.
so embedding WDDX serializing/deserializing just seemed the
way to go. though we'll be definitely looking at mapscript as well.

yes please, any info/ideas you have are most welcome.