[mapserver-users] compiling under windows makefile vc syntax error ?

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Mon Jul 2 14:51:17 EDT 2001

Dave,

All I did for that one is switch the "/" to "\" on the "copy
..." line.  This still won't work unless you also switch the slashes on
the GDAL_DIR somewhere else on that Makefile.  The problem with this is
that the DOS (or Windows) copy command uses the backslash (\) in
paths.  Nmake itself don't have that problem but system commands do.  For
uniformity's sake, you might want to switch all the path slashes to
backslash.

Example Makefile.vc:
...(stuff omitted)

GDAL_DIR= ..\..\gdal
OGR=-DUSE_OGR
OGR_LIB = $(GDAL_DIR)/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.lib
$(GDAL_DIR)/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts_sup.lib $(GDAL_DIR)/ogr/ogr.lib
$(GDAL_DIR)/ogr/../port/cpl.lib
OGR_INC = -I$(GDAL_DIR)/ogr/ogrsf_frmts -I$(GDAL_DIR)/ogr
-I$(GDAL_DIR)/port

...(more stuff omitted)

$(MS_LIB):      $(MS_OBJS)
        copy $(GDAL_DIR)\gdal.pdb .