[mapserver-users] feature querys and projections

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 25 13:29:51 EDT 2001

In theory, they should be able to be in different projections but this has not been
tested. I don't have data of that nature. This applies to all query scenarios. Again,
if folks have test data they could share...

Note that you don't have to define projections for layers that are the same as the
output projection.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Michael Anderson" <m_anderson14 at hotmail.com> 07/24/01 05:12PM >>>
When you are doing a featurequery, do the slayer and qlayer(s) have to be in
the same projection? I had a point in polygon search working a month or so
ago and now it never selects any points. The only change is that the points
are no longer in the same projection.

We have the output projection defined at the map level, and I defined the
projections for the qlayer and slayer in the layer section. The slayer is in
the same projection as the output. Only the qlayer is different.

Thanks.

Mike