[Mapserver-users] mapscript python

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Mon Dec 16 12:06:22 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:56:57PM +0100, Sven Jacobi wrote:
> Hello Vinko,
>
> first off all, thanks for your attention.
>
> To your questions:
> - I have used STATUS DEFAULT and I still get the BUS ERROR
> - I have a world file ( *.tfw) but do I have to "mention" it
>   or does mapscript reference it automatically?
> - The image is in 8 bit color
> - with "not working" I mean, I get a "Bus Error" in Python, but I can't
>   get any BUS ERRORS in Python so I thought it depends on the C-library
> - what do you mean exactly with blank according to blies.png?
> - Only the vector layers in blies.png?
>
> When I try to use it over CGI without mapscript everything works fine...
>
> Any further ideas where this might come from?

If it works with the CGI version I guess you need to dig deeper in the C
code of MapServer/MapScript :(

The Python release is not as actively maintained as PHP/Perl versions,
so there might be a change in the code that broke something in the
Python version (Shouldn't SWIG take care of that?)

You could try running a PHP or Perl script analogous to yours to discard
some possibilities.

At what point does it break, at saveImage, draw, or before?

PS: Try replying to the list as well, because 'given enough eyes, all
bugs are shallow' :)

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl