[mapserver-users] Problem with truetype labelling in php mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 29 22:56:33 EDT 2002

Dylan,

My experience is that when I compile my own GD with freetype2 then it
doesn't seem to work well, you get errors about being unable to load
fonts if they use a relative filename I think, hence the note that you
saw on the Wiki page.  If you use the GD that came preinstalled with
RedHat then you may have more luck... I think the RH7.1 version of GD
uses freetype2 and worked well with MapServer, so I suggest that you try
that first.

About the FAQ on the gdttf.c conflict, it dates from the pre-3.5 days
and doesn't apply any more since MapServer now uses the native TTF
support in the GD library... this obsolete FAQ should be taken out of
the phpmapscript-install-howto document.

HTH,

Daniel

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca