[Mapserver-users] QuerybyPoint no result (Help) PHP/Mapscript

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:21:03 EDT 2003

Hi, Jose:

This part looks a little suspicious to me, but may be I'm missing
something.

(1)    $layerObj = $map->getLayerByName('postes');
(2)    $layerObj = @$map->queryByPoint ($ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,-1);

(3)    if($layerObj == MS_SUCCESS)
(4)     {
(5)       $results = $layerObj->{resultcache};
(6)       $num_results = $results->{numresults};

After (1), $layerObj is a layer object.  But after (2), $layerObj is an
int.  I'm surprised that (5) doesn't give you an error.  I'm assuming
MapServer 3.7, is that right?

Why not remove (2) and change (3) to . . .

       if (@$map->queryByPoint ($ptClicked,MS_SINGLE,-1) == MS_SUCCESS)

. . . since you want to run the query but not really assign it to
anything.

I'm not sure that will work, but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't help, send me your entire .php and .map, and we'll try
again.

Charlton