[Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Tue Jul 22 10:14:45 EDT 2003

Ryan,
When you say "I lose all my images" do you mean that you get a page that
displays all of the controls, but no images?  or is the page completely
blank (except for say, with an error message).  If you are getting a
blank page with an error message, then you are describing the same
problem & situation that I am having. (I'm also using IIS).  The
initialization goes perfectly well & the map appears initially, but I
can't do anything on the page without getting "msLoadMap():Unable to
access file...".

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Hankley [mailto:Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 9:45 AM
To: Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA; <"'mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu'"
Subject: RE: [Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

Ryan,

It sounds to me like the URL that points to your "tmp" directory may not
be correct. When you click on the map, and everything disappears, take a
look at your source (in the HTML). See what the URL for the image looks
like. Try specifying the full URL (http://host/tmp) rather than a
relative path in your mapfile.

That's my best guess.

Chip

>>> "Alexander,Ryan [Dartmouth]" <Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA> 07/21/03
12:16PM >>>
I followed some steps that I found on the net but mapserver is still not
working.  The first time it loads, it seem to load perfect but as soon
as I
click on something I lose all my images.  I can't refresh either cause
when
I try to the images are gone again.  I can't do anything with the map.

I think that the url parameters are correct because I can easily
navigate to
it and the /tmp/ seems right because gifs get written to the directory
but I
just can't see them.

When I installed the MapServer CGI I was supposed to get a message
saying
"No query information to decode.  QUERY_STRING is set, but empty"  I get
the
message "No query information to decode.  QUERY_STRING is not set".

I'm using IIS ver. 5.1 and I set all my virtual directories and
stuff......but still a no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for viruses
at RMT prior to sending.

NOTICE-- This email may contain confidential and privileged information
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies.