[Mapserver-users] E00 to SHP Conversion Utilities?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 6 14:19:45 EST 2003

"Lowther, David W" wrote:

> The utility IMPORT71.exe that comes with Arcview is made for this... I'm not
> sure if it is available freely or not.

If I remember well, IMPORT71 converts a E00 file to Arc/Info binary
coverage format, not shapefile format (the same thing that the AVCIMPORT
utility does).  You can view those binary coverages in ArcView which may
be why you thought that import71 produced shapefiles, but it doesn't
and you'll still have to convert the coverages to shapefiles after
running them through import71.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca