[Mapserver-users] Problems with php-mapscript + postGIS

Ignacio Laplagne laplagnegeo at softhome.net
Thu Mar 6 15:56:14 EST 2003

hi,

we are trying to get php-mapscript to retrieve a layer from postGIS (apache,
php, mapserver and php-mapscript running in win32, postgreSQL with postGIS
running in rh8). Unfortunately we get the following error message:

Warning: MapServer Error in msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): msPOSTGISLayerOpen called
but unimplemented! in D:\Archivos de programa\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\php-ms\example2.php on line 34

On the other hand, we had no problems in getting data from postGIS when
using the mapserv CGI directly.

We've found some posts of the same problem in the past, but no solutions to
it. Anyone can give us a hint?

thanks,
Ignacio