[Mapserver-users] Re: A suggestion for list divisions

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Wed Mar 12 13:32:06 EST 2003

maybe we need a separate list to discuss separate lists.

I am in both camps. On the one hand, I find receiving a hundred emails
on tangentially related topics a bit formidable, while on the other
hand the digest format is pathetically useless... I can't reply to
individual posts conveniently, folks using html in their emails really
trash my email happiness, and it is just a chore scrolling through a
billion lines message.

However, the drawbacks of separate lists are even more many... the
worst of them being cross-posting. And there is something to be said
about the fact that even though I am primarily intersested in
perl/mapscript, the peripheral knowledge that someone out there is
using ada or rebol or scheme to implement mapserver is like way cool.

So, the best option I've found is using this butt-ugly yahoo groups
interface. Works for me.

Keep the list united, because there are inherent dangers in division
(such as by zero)...

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at d...>
wrote:
> Don't worry, we're not going to split the list. I has been talked about
> before and not done for many of the reasons already mentioned. Most
> people would join all the lists anyways to make sure they weren't
> missing anything. With cross posting that would make it even worse than
> it is now.
>
> More complete documentation would help and anyone can contribute,
> either via the WIKI or MapServer Documentation Project
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mdp/).
>
> Steve

..