[Mapserver-users] mapscript/CGI by example

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 13 14:56:46 EST 2003

For one brief moment, I finally (after 2 days) got the php/mapscript CGI
working.  Now, after some change (can't figure out why) it is broke once
again with the error:

Warning: MapServer Error in msLoadMap():
(/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mdoggett/mapscript/europe.map) in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mapscript/example1.phtml on line 6

Fatal error: Failed to open map file
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mdoggett/mapscript/europe.map in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mapscript/example1.phtml on line 6

I've checked all permissions, paths, files, etc and they are
correct...what gives?
The absolute path reference to europe.map is correct.  When I remove the
absolute path reference and change it to relative (./europe.map) it
works again!  So, why doesn't the absolute path work?  For a brief
moment it did...then something changed.  Apache config?

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall