[Mapserver-users] Once more withperl mapscript and MS3.7

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Mar 15 09:33:54 EST 2003

OK.  I've now reinstalled perl and made sure mapscript was where perl
expected it to be (although I'm pretty sure it was before.  System
config is a pretty stock RH 8.0, and MS 3.7 was compiled per the
instructions I found here and on the Wiki (RedHat 8.0 and Mapserver 3.7)

I compiled perl-mapscript _after_ I had compiled mapserver.

When I run a script to create a shapefile, I get the following:

Name "mapscript::MS_SHAPEFILE_POLYGON" used only once: possible typo at
./makeshapefile.pl line 22.
Name "mapscript::MS_SHAPE_LINE" used only once: possible typo at
./makeshapefile.pl line 176.
Can't locate object method "new" via package "mapscript::shapefileObj"
(perhaps you forgot to load "mapscript::shapefileObj"?) at
./makeshapefile.pl line 22.

Does anyone have a suggestion I can chase down now?

TIA, Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173