AW: [Mapserver-users] multiple request in one layer

Schlemmer Thilo Thilo.Schlemmer at blva.bayern.de
Thu Mar 27 08:46:30 EST 2003

> please always reply to all when using a mailinglist; others might have
> more
> knowledge and join the discussion, or learn from it...
	sorry :) thanks for your hint...

> Or course a workaround is to just create this table outside mapserver. But
> if
> you have dynamic data this might not be a good solution. Maybe a view is
> an
> option? But this is outside of my sql knowledge.
> Why not using 2 layers, actually?Eventually you can group them into the
> same
> group and have them displayed in the legend as one group instead of 2
> layers,
> if that's the bottleneck...

	i guess i have to explain, what i need...

	actually i have  a dynamic mapfile (generated with jsp/javabean )
with 9 or more Layer. Each Layer  have a oraclespatial connection to get the
data. Three or more Layers are needed to get the same column and the same
type (Line) from different tables.
	I thought, that i could make my requests more performant, if i
receive the data in one layer .

	I'm surprised, that my statement is in oracle ok but in mapserver
not.

	I have not so much knowledge and experience in oracle/sql and i am
truely not a mapserver-expert.

	with the last tip from michael I get this message:
	msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): ORA-00904: invalid column name.
SQL statement: SELECT rownum, KARTENSIGNATURNUMMER, GEOM FROM (select
STREETS.geom from STREETS union all select PATH.geom from PATH
)sdo_filter(geoloc,mdsys.sdo_geometry(.......)='TRUE'

	is it possible, that the WHERE-Term is missing before
sdo_filter...blabla?
	-------------------------------------
	here my mapfile-sequence:
	LAYER
	    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
	    CONNECTION"something/somewhere at else"
	    NAME "STREETS"
	    DATA "GEOM FROM (select STREETS.geom from STREETS  union all
select PATH.geoloc from PATH)"
	    TYPE LINE
	    FILTER "sdo_filter(GEOM, mdsys.sdo_geometry(.......) = 'TRUE' "
	 CLASS
	   EXPRESSION ('[KARTENSIGNATURNUMMER]' eq '3100' )
	   SYMBOL "circle"