[Mapserver-users] Using several bitmap map files

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bero.rh at web.de
Thu Mar 27 09:03:35 EST 2003

Hi,
Is there any way to set up mapserver (I'm using 3.6.5) to handle different (adjacent) geotiff map images as one
map? (Simply combining the various files into one huge bitmap would probably do the job, but I'm scared of
the performance/memory impact of using a 20 GB bitmap file)

I know using bitmaps for this sort of thing is probably not a good idea - unfortunately it's the only format in
which we can get the data.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bernhard