[Mapserver-users] Error, "EXPLAIN VERBOSE SELECT * FROM eserciz"

Armani Paolo armani7 at supereva.it
Thu Mar 27 09:09:50 EST 2003

I use postgres 7.3.2 with postgis 7.4.
I try to use 3.6.5, 3.6.4 and cvs versions of mapserver but I obtain this
error: (with 3.6.4)

msPOSTGISLayerGetShape(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL statement
(in FETCH ALL): EXPLAIN VERBOSE SELECT * FROM esercizi - Error with POSTGIS
data variable. You specified ''.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
using SRID=<srid#>'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.

For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php

Mappostgis.c - version of Nov 15/2002.

Mapserver displays the point on the map, but when I try to query these points,
it causes this error.
Thanks

Paolo