[Mapserver-users] WMS Cllient for ArcView 3.X

snelson at refractions.net snelson at refractions.net
Tue Oct 7 15:01:41 EDT 2003

The layers are appended to the query in the same order they appear in the OGC
file  For example, if the OGC file contains this:
<layer_list>
   <layer>Bathymetry</layer>
   <layer>Roads</layer>
   <layer>Rivers</layer>
</layer_list>

Then the query sent to the WMS server will look like this:

  http://www.geographynetwork.ca/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap? ...
  &Layers=Bathymetry,Roads,Rivers&Styles=&Request=getmap ...

I'm not certain what order the map server will choose to render the layers.

Shane

Quoting Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca: