[Mapserver-users] Help with ArcSDE Layer Connection/Data specification

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 8 14:18:25 EDT 2003

Pryor, Clayton J wrote:

> ArcSDE server information (per our ArcSDE/Oracle database manager):
>
> 	host name:  orca-wks-1
> 	instance name: port:5151
> 	database name: insistdb
>

> Map File Connection Definition:
>
> 	NAME nercsbrgnstatus
> 	CONNECTION "orca-wks-1,port:5151,insistdb,userid,userpwd"
> 	CONNECTIONTYPE sde

Two possible things, firstly, are you sure that 'port:5151' is what you
want for your instance? You could try a bare '5151'. Or you could edit
/etc/services and add esri_sde there as a tcp service on port 5151, then
use 'esri_sde' as the instance. SDE is wierd.
Secondly, it looks like your table name is right, but you can never be
too sure. Tables I have used have almost always been inside schemas, and
were referenced as SCHEMANAME.TABLENAME.
Paul

--
       __
      /