[Mapserver-users] Premature end of script headers: php - help needed

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Wed Oct 29 05:48:20 EST 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C39E1A.EF107F80

Hello,
I have been playing around with php and mapscript for a while in order =
to create my own dynamic-layered map web site. php rpm of redhat created =
some problems so I had to compile my own php with the help of some folk =
in this mail list.
now it seesms i have another problem.
both info.php and phpinfo_mapscript.phtml works fine. i can see all =
mapscript related information in the second one. but when i try to test =
test_draw_map.phtml it doesnot work. as for testing, i just fill in the=20

$map =3D ms_newMapObj("demo_deneme.map");

line with a mapfile of mine which i know definitely works with mapserver =
3.6.0. but on the test_draw_map.phtml page no map is displayed. i =
uncommented the print $map->numlayers; line to test if the script is =
reading mapfile and it does. it displays the number of layers perfectly. =
i checked the source of the web page displayed from IE and nothing realy =
showed up except the headline and the number of layers.
then i did a second test. i created a new php page, an exact copy of =
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/example2.php.
off course i changed the mapfile and map path part. this time i tested =
it against two different mapfile known to work with mapserver 3.6.0, =
itasca one and my own. the web page generated this error:

  The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete =
your request.=20
  Error message:=20
  Premature end of script headers: php=20
any ideas?

and also i am looking for an example php script in which some layers are =
read from the mapfile and one layer is created on-the-fly, which prints =
a point on the coordinates either prewritten in the php source code or =
the codes goes and reads the coordinates from a text file. where can i =
find such an example?

have a nice day:)

murat isik

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C39E1A.EF107F80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have been playing around with php and =
mapscript=20
for a while in order to create my own dynamic-layered map web site. php =
rpm of=20
redhat created some problems so I had to compile my own php with the =
help of=20
some folk in this mail list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>now it seesms i have another =
problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>both info.php and =
phpinfo_mapscript.phtml works=20
fine. i can see all mapscript related information in the second one. but =
when i=20
try to test test_draw_map.phtml it doesnot work. as for testing, i just =
fill in=20
the </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>$map =3D=20
ms_newMapObj("demo_deneme.map");</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>line with a mapfile of mine which i =
know definitely=20
works with mapserver 3.6.0. but on the test_draw_map.phtml page no map =
is=20
displayed. i uncommented the print $map-&gt;numlayers; line to test if =
the=20
script is reading mapfile and it does. it displays the number of layers=20
perfectly. i checked the source of the web page displayed from IE and =
nothing=20
realy showed up except the headline and the number of =
layers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>then i did a second test. i created a =
new php page,=20
an exact copy of <A=20
href=3D"http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/example2.php">http://mapserver=
.gis.umn.edu/doc36/example2.php</A>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>off course i changed the mapfile and =
map path part.=20
this time i tested it against two different mapfile known to work with =
mapserver=20
3.6.0, itasca one and my own. the web page generated this =
error:</FONT></DIV>
<DL>
  <DD>The server encountered an internal error and was unable to =
complete your=20
  request. </DD></DL>
<DL>
  <DD>Error message: <BR>Premature end of script headers: php </DD></DL>
<DIV>any ideas?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and also i am looking for an example =
php script in=20
which some layers are read from the mapfile and one layer is created =
on-the-fly,=20
which prints a point on the coordinates either prewritten in the php =
source code=20
or the codes goes and reads the coordinates from a text file. where can =
i find=20
such an example?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>have a nice day:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>murat isik</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C39E1A.EF107F80--