[Mapserver-users] Rosa installation problem - applet png errors

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 25 11:59:06 EST 2004

Hi there,

  Rosa does not really know what mapserver map file is. It is a tool
that loads an image form a given URL (using the IMG_URL parameter).
Could you check what is the value of this parameter (does it point to a
valid URL of a gif file or png file) ? If that is the case you should be
able to use the one of .jar to load this image. If you still can't load
it, you could send me directly the png/gif file created and I could try
to load it here.

Later

Martin Tomko wrote:
> Hi list,
> Sorry for bothering with someting that may be obvious, but I am trying
> to install the Rosa applet to give options to my users, and (ok, the
> documentation is really weak... but I managed :) i am failing to display
> the map. The rest goes fine. I am getting strange png related errors,
> even if using mapserver configured to gif (I hope rosa takes the option
> from the mapfile...nowhere found...). SO I also copied the rosapng.jar
> to the path, but without success. On my page I have configured rosa to
> the rosa.jar, the "normal" one... Any ideas? (I am using windows
> binaries, mapserver 4.0.1)
>

> Martin
> Access log from apache:
> /cgi-bin/com/sixlegs/image/png/PngImage.class HTTP/1.1" 404 321
>
> Java console report attached:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sixlegs/image/png/PngImage
>
> 	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
>
> 	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown
> Source)
>
> 	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
>
> 	at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/