Question about OFFSET values

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Dec 9 13:01:03 EST 2005

All,

Ok, I got my addressing range labels too llok pretty good using four
Layers with seperate LABELITEMS and OFFSETS.

Now I need to figure out a way, if possible, to scale the OFFSET values
based on the overall length of the line.

Can I use a value, line length, and a percentage of line length to use
for the Offset values of the labels.  Right now the labels are situated
for the most part near the center of the line.  I would like to puch the
labels out to the ends of the lines for example, or pull them in closer
for longer and shorter line segments.

This is purely an exercise in readability right now, what I have seems
to be working great for the customer.  Thanks for the pointers I got
last week.

bobb