using annotation angles

Don Isgitt djisgitt at SOUNDENERGY.COM
Fri Dec 9 13:52:07 EST 2005

Hi,

I am attempting to display some text at specified angles using
labelangleitem, but everything plots at 0 degrees. Here is the relevant
data:

Piece of map file:

          layer
            name survey_ann
            data area_s
            status off
        PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4283"
        END
            type annotation
            force true
            labelitem "Survey"
            labelangleitem "SvyAng"
            class
#              color 232 232 232
              outlinecolor 0 255 255
              label
                position ul
                size tiny
                antialias true
                color 219 149 8
                partials off
              end
            end
          end

Other layers of type polygon and line fail similarly.

Output of dbfdump:

Survey                            SvyAng Block     BlkAng Section
SecAng CntyNam
TCRR                              0000   IJ        0000   43
0000   (NULL)
JORDAN MW                         0000   BB2       0000   7
0000   (NULL)
BURLESON J                        0015   37 T2S    0000   (NULL)    0000   J
IRR                               0015   A288      0000   1
0015   (NULL)
(NULL)                            0000   L  CRCK   0000   3
0000   (NULL)
FUENTES AM                        0045   (NULL)    0000   139
0045   (NULL)
HOPE WT                           0040   4.5       0000   1
0040   (BLK. 4 1/2)

Any help explaining what I am doing wrong will be much appreciated.

Don

p.s. What are the units of scale: physical units/pixel? I want to
dynamically scale the annotation and scale values seem a necessary
starting point.