compiling problem

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Feb 17 08:25:23 EST 2005

Hi,

see http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/win32_compile-howto.html

Section: "Common Compiling Errors"

Regex Build Problems.

regex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _printchar
libmap.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

This occurs if you use the stock regex-0.12 we referenced. I work around
this by commenting out the "extern" statement for the printchar()
function, and replacing it with a stub implementation in
regex-0.12\regex.c.

//extern void printchar ();
void printchar( int i ) {}

Best regards,