GDV Client

Lester Caine lester at LSCES.CO.UK
Fri May 20 03:33:04 EDT 2005

Till Adams wrote:

> why not directly use a professonal client-suite? Give Mapbender WMS
> ClientSuite (GNU GPL) a try :
>
> http://www.mapbender.org

Because I had not found it yet ?
There is a lot of good stuff out there, but it is buried under twice as
many dead ends and bad links. Even the 'Demo Server' link on mapbender
does not seem to do anything :(

Like other people *I* would like a live coordinate display on the
client, jBox put me off because it says 'java' and I have enough fun
with PHP and Javascript after 25 years of C/Pascal/Algol programming :)

The final piece of the jigsaw - I prefer to work in Firebird for SQL
since the last 15 years worth of data are stored there, and we have 5
years 'experience' of 24/7 operation without a single problem. So I need
to be able to get to a point I can add 'FirebirdGIS' ;)
( See
http://home.lsces.co.uk/ibWebAdmin_0_98/FirebirdFederationDataArchive.html
for a source of useful location information :) )

> Some examples:
>
> http://www.terrestris.de/hp/en/con_demo.php
Better than the 'Demo Server' ;)

--