Debug-Hints with Tomcat

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Wed Nov 2 06:07:12 EST 2005

Dear Mapserver-Users

We developed a Tomcat/Mapserver-Site using Mapscript on
Linux/SUSE 9.3.

Many things run fine. On a test-machine we made successfully
some stress-testing and Tomcat runs for weeks.

Unfortunately Tomcat crashes on the customers production-machine
approximately once a day. It runs for several hours,
passes stress-tests successfully but crashes unpredictable after
12-20hours.

The crash occurs in Mapserver-Code. Message in the Tomcat-log
is
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (top): 0x0xf99950"

Question: Can I do something to make this error-message more helpful?
I'd like to have the stack and the line-numbers in the sourcecode.
(I mean the C-stack and C-linenumber and not the Java-Stack...)

I looked through the gcc-man-page, but I coudn't find anything helpful.

Thanks
Benedikt Rothe