WMS client request method

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 10 11:43:33 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, J. Parapar <listario at gmail.com> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Thanks for the answer.  My problem is with the layers in the client
> mapfile. We have several wms layers but i do not know how to indicate
> to MapServer to make POST requests to the WMS server (instead of GET
> requests). I have found the wfs_request_method parameter but I did not
> find a "wms_request_method".
>
> I have made some tests and, as WMS Server, MapServer do supports
> URL-encoded POST request.

Jorge,

Ah, sorry about that.  I missed the point of your request.  Sorry
if I was condescending.

I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but a scan
of mapwmslayer.c does not show any occurrences of "post"
so I suspect it only supports GET operations at this time.

Assefa or Daniel would be the authorities and the folks you would
need to hassle to come up with a solution.

Best regards,